SHOCK CHLORINATING WELL
- Open top of well
- Pour 3 gallons of Javex down the well
- Run water from a garden hose down the well till you can smell the chlorine coming out of the garden hose.
- Shut off the garden hose.
- Go to each tap one by one in the house and run water till you can smell chlorine.
- Turn off the tap.
- Let this chlorine sit in the system overnight. (you can flush toilets)
- After about 10 hours pump the chlorine to waste through the garden hose first until you can’t smell chlorine.
- Go to each tap in the house and run water until all chlorine smell is gone.
Note * Do not drink the water when chlorine is in the system
**Chlorine should not be left in the system for prolonged periods of time such as multiple days due to the caustic action of the chlorine on pipes, pumps and water tanks
***Do not use High Efficiency (HE) Chlorine as it contains soaps.